BABYSITTING DURING COVID-19
UPDATE Regarding Victorian Stage 4 Restrictions:
The stage 4 restrictions state that families in Greater Metropolitan Melbourne cannot commence new babysitting/nannying arrangements. If you are a parent, guardian, or carer within this area please refer to the Victorian Government Guidelines for the most up to date information.
In other areas, Huddle is continuing to provide services during this time in order to support families that rely on our carers. The safety of all Huddle Helpers, families, their extended families and the broader community is incredibly important to us.
We have undertaken the following measures and provided guidelines below to ensure our community is supported, while mitigating the risk of any further spread of COVID-19.
- We recommend every member of our community complete the Government COVID-19 infection control training, and update your profile to reflect this training. This is a free government online module that covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19. It only takes 30 minutes to complete and is a great way to know that both families and carers thoroughly understand the best practices.
- We recommend that parents review all applications and then organise a video call to interview the carers. Ask about their travel history, if they’ve been self-isolating and also all the usual interview questions about their childcare experience.
- If you have booked a job and you or anyone in your family begin to feel unwell, please notify the family or carer with as much notice as possible to cancel the job.
- If you or a family member feel unwell or develop symptoms after completing a job through Huddle, please contact your local health authority to determine if you need to be tested and provide any relevant information to help with tracing your recent contacts.
- As per the Government’s guidelines, if you have recently returned from overseas or been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 you should be self-isolating and must not book helpers or attend bookings.
Please keep up to date with the recommendations and advice from the World Health Organisation and your local health authority to stay safe at this time. Let’s be supportive, be safe, and be kind. If we can help you in any way, please get in touch with us on email@example.com